Time Enough for Love

"The more you love, the more you can love-the more intensely you love. Nor is there any limit on how many you can love. If a person had time enough, he could love all of that majority who are decent and just" Robert A.Heinlein

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving is Here!

As we all know that here in America our Thanksgiving holiday is quickly approaching.  I look forward to this holiday every year because it is one holiday that has not become commercialized.  

However, this year is different than lasts, but not unusual behavior for my extended family. My parents and a few of my siblings refuse to speak with me because they refuse to accept my poly family.  They are especially angry because we have been dating this new woman.  I never truly understand why families think they have a right to tell other family members how to live their lives.  I am happy with my poly family, and you would think my extended family would want to be happy for me, but no.  My mother has even tried to convince Leah to leave Jacob and I, so that I could have Jacob all to myself by trying to make Leah feel inferior to me. She told Leah that if Jacob truly loved her he would have never agreed to marry me as well. 

Needless to say, we will not be joining any outside family for the holiday. I will be a quaint holiday for our poly family and girlfriend and her children here at our house.  Honestly, I am looking forward to having it here at our home, and not having to worry about the tension that always occurs when we go to our families' homes.  I feel glad that we can be ourselves. 

I am so thankful to God for my poly family. Gos has blessed me with a wonderful husband, wife, potential wife, and all of our lovely children.  I thank God for our home.  I also thank him for our friends and our careers. 

Recently, I've become re-acquainted with some of my distant relatives, like aunts, uncles, cousins, and such, that I have not seen since I was a child. We'vc been speaking on the phone and emailing.  They all know about my life, and guess what? They accept me, and they cannot wait to see me and meet my lovely family.  I am so excited about this, and I thank God for this validation from my other relatives and their acceptance of my poly family.

We did most of our Thanksgiving cooking on Wednesday, so we can spend the day together on Thursday. We will praise God and thank him for our many blessings.  We also plan to play family games together.

What are you plans? What are you most thankful for?

Have a great Thanksgiving! Blesings to you and to yours!

Racheal

4 comments:

  1. We feel you over here on the family front. I'm still not out to my family...and ML and TB had quite the emotional roller coaster ride for a while when they came out to their families. ML's family is still struggling with it, but they are getting much much better.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deviant wife. I will be praying for you about coming out to your family. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

    Racheal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to hug you for the family comment! When I got married into my family almost two years ago it meant the end of most of my friendships and my mom doesn't have so much to do with me anymore (not like we were doing well before, but...). It can be hard but I hope you have all the love you need. I love having my sister wives and it isn't perfect but I would never want to be without them. I'm sure you feel the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Megan, I do feel the same. Without them, I'd be lost. I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete